The learner must achieve all 7 compulsory units.
The following 3 units have already been achieved at Level 2 (unit 1,2,3) and in order to achieve the full personal training certificate learners must achieve units 4,5,6, and 7.
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016)– this unit is worth 2 credits
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health (A/600/9051) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Programming personal training with clients (F/600/9052) – this unit is worth 7 credits
- Delivering personal training sessions (J/600/9053) – this unit is worth 9 credits
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme (L/600/9054) – this unit is worth 6 credits
The total credit value is 36.
The Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) is a system for recognising skills and qualifications. It does this by awarding credit for qualifications and units (small steps of learning). Each unit has a credit value (as detailed above). This value specifies the number of credits gained by learners who complete that unit. The flexibility of the system allows learners to gain qualifications at their own pace along routes that suit them best.
Our Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (QCF) course is for learners of whom already hold their Level 2 Fitness Instruction qualification.
The Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (QCF) course is great for people who want a career in the fitness industry as a personal trainer. You do not need any qualifications to do this course although we do advise that you have some experience of exercise or using a gym.
During this course you will learn: the fundamentals of anatomy and physiology, designing cardiovascular and resistance training programmes, all systems of the body, the principles of training, physical activity promotion and health and safety. You will also learn how to design a progressive programme to meet clients goals, how to assess their fitness level, how to give advice on healthy eating and nutritional diets.
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing / Fitness Instruction
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and use of numeracy skills involved. Learners should have basic skills in communication and numeracy pitched at levels 3 and 2 respectively
Start anytime, work at your own pace and select from a list of "top up" days. Completion of compulsory directed home study via online learning is required, in addition to attendance of the "top up" days and assessment / examination day.
- 8 - 16 weeks in duration
- 2 - 3 Top up days (combining theory and practical skills) + 1 assessment / examination day
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration / Assignment